Ten charities join forces to support small Civil Society organisations
10 Greek charities are once again joining forces to support Civil Society and announce a public call for participation in the 6th funding Cycle of the “Points of Support” programme.
The “Points of Support” programme is a partnership of 10 Greek Foundations and is addressed to small Civil Society organisations in Greece, supporting them in implementing innovative small-scale actions with maximum social impact, in strengthening their structures and in building the capacities that will help them remain viable.
For the new Cycle of the Programme, which was first launched in 2015 and has funded 119 actions with over 40,000 beneficiaries since, the charities joining forces are the following: John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation, TIMA Charitable Foundation, Bodossaki Foundation, Captain Vassilis and Carmen Constantakopoulos Foundation, A. G. Leventis Foundation, Athanasios C. Laskaridis Charitable Foundation, Costas M. Lemos Foundation, Public Benefit Foundation of Social and Cultural Work KIKPE, Hellenic Initiative Canada and Athina I. Martinou Foundation.
The new cycle will be coordinated by Bodossaki Foundation.
The Programme’s 6th Cycle will support with five thousand euros (€5,000) per action a maximum of twenty-nine (39) actions with a duration of up to six (6) months falling under one of the following subject areas, defined by the Programme’s sponsors:
- Social Integration of People with Disabilities (John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation)
- Support of the Elderly (TIMA Charitable Foundation)
- Prevention and Promotion of Adult Health (Public Benefit Foundation of Social and Cultural Work – KIKPE)
- “Child and Health” (Captain Vassilis and Carmen Constantakopoulos Foundation)
- Combating Poverty and the Food Crisis (The Hellenic Initiative Canada)
- Protection of the Environment: Protection of Flora and Fauna in the Urban and Peri-urban Environment (A. G. Leventis Foundation)
- Protection of Aquatic Ecosystems: Lakes, Rivers and Wetlands (Athanasios C. Laskaridis Charitable Foundation)
- Protection of Forest and Other Terrestrial Ecosystems” (Costas M. Lemos Foundation)
- Social Innovation in Small Seaside Local Communities (Athina I. Martinou Foundation)
Eligible organisations must meet the following general conditions (for details, see the “Terms and Conditions for Participation in the Programme”):
- They must be non-profit legal entities of private law, registered in Greece (foundations, associations, societies, civil non-profit companies – AMKE etc.) or Social Cooperative Enterprises (SCEs) of article 14 of Law 4430/2016, as in force.
- Their annual total gross income from all sources (taxable – tax-exempt) must be up to €50,000 for the fiscal year 2022, evidenced by any appropriate accounting document (e.g. balance sheet, activity report, balance of accounts). An exception to the above are social care foundations for the elderly, such as nursing homes, day centres for the elderly, etc. For these types of operators, no restriction applies as to the amount of their income.
- They must have completed at least one (1) year from their establishment and the acquisition of legal personality in Greece at the time of the announcement of the Open Call (i.e. to participate in the Programme’s 6th Cycle, they must have been established up to 27 February 2022).
- They must not belong to the State or to local authorities, not be legal persons of public law or legal persons of the wider public sector, as each time defined by the applicable provisions of the law and, in general, they must not come under the jurisdiction or supervision of the State and their activity must not be religious, political or trade unionist – professional.
In addition to the grants, the Programme also includes free participation of the organisations in capacity building activities, which will be funded and implemented by Social Dynamo, the NGO hub of Bodossaki Foundation.
Interested organisations may submit their applications by 30 April 2023. The results will be announced in July 2023.
In the downloads section on the right-hand side of this page, you will find the Solemn Declaration, the Terms and Conditions for Participation and the Application Form for Participation for the Programme’s 6th Cycle.
Applications are submitted online via the Jira platform.