Focusing on people and acknowledging the current great social needs, Bodossaki Foundation is active in a role that is broader than that of a funding organisation. It also acts as a catalyst for fostering a broader culture of contribution in the Greek society, managing resources on behalf of third parties – international institutions, legators, and other major donors – wishing to fund programmes with a strong social impact that address critical needs in education, healthcare, Civil Society empowerment, and the protection of the environment.
In this wider context of social contribution, Bodossaki Foundation makes available to corporate partners and transfers for the benefit of society, the know-how and expertise it gains through its three distinct roles – those of donor, grant manager and NGO hub.
- As a donor, from its establishment to this day the Foundation has allocated over €450 million for the fulfilment its purposes
- As a grant manager, the Foundation has undertaken the management for Greece of the subsidy of the “Active Citizens Fund” and “We are all Citizens” programmes, totalling €20.84 million and forming of the EEA Grants.
- As an NGO Hub, Bodossaki Foundation’s Social Dynamo has hosted and supported capacity building activities for 1.138 Civil Society organisations and 8.250 active citizens.
In this context, the Foundation works with:
- Corporate partners: Recognising the great needs of society, the Foundation seeks to act as a donations channel, working with businesses with long-standing and significant commitment to social contribution, to create corporate social responsibility programmes with a strong social impact.
- Institutional organisations, undertaking to manage funding made available to Greece (re-granting).
- With legacy donors, for the management of legacies. The Foundation makes available its experience and expertise, the mechanisms it has in place and the skills of its people, to individual major donors. In this expanded mission, the Foundation has benefited from the generous assistance of Greek individuals who choose to support causes that are close to their hearts.
At Bodossaki Foundation, we deeply believe that these times call for collaborations and partnerships that focus on people, and we are committed to joining forces with partners committed to social contribution, working for the maximum common good.