“Amsterdam – Athens: Building capacity for supporting refugees” is a capacity building programme offering the opportunity to staff / volunteers of initiatives working to support the needs of refugees in Greece to:
1. Attend a 3-day training (24-26 November 2017) in Athens conducted by experts from the Dutch Council for Refugees, one of Europe’s largest organizations supporting refugees. The training will cover the following themes:
• Fundraising techniques & proposal writing
• Campaigning & advocacy skills
• Volunteer management & approaches for addressing staff & volunteer burnout
2. Participate in a 3-day study trip to Amsterdam, where they will have the opportunity to visit and conduct meetings with various NGOs or other organizations which have developed good practices in working with refugees.
3. Enter a competition to receive a micro grant of 2.500 EUR, in order to conduct further capacity building activities within their own organization/group, putting into practice what they have learned from the training, and also receive free mentoring and consultancy from Social Dynamo.
Who can participate?
Candidates involved in an NGO or informal citizens’ group currently active in supporting refugees in Greece can apply to participate, either as individuals or in a team of up to 2 people. To apply, please download and complete the application form, which you will find under “Downloads” on the right hand side of this page.
Out of the applications received, 20 participants will be selected to participate in the initial training on the basis of the following criteria:
1) Relevance of the activities of the organization/group to meeting the current needs of refugees in Greece.
2) Positive impact of the activities of the organisation/group to date.
3) Innovation of the activities of the organisation/group.
4) Commitment of the organisation/group to developing its capacity in order to improve its effectiveness and/or scale up its work.
5) Good English language skills of the proposed participants (as the training will be conducted in English).
Out of the 20 participating organisations, three will be selected to receive the micro-grant.
More information and how to apply
Before applying please read the detailed description of the project, available under “Downloads” at the right hand side of this page.
Download the short application form, complete in English and submit electronically to the following email: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is 17.00hrs, Thursday 9 November 2017.
For any enquiries please contact Mrs Eleni Karakitsiou- Program Officer, Bodossaki Foundation at the following number: +30 210 7259307