The Scientific Committee is an 8-member advisory body of the Foundation, which consists of personalities from the field of science. All members have a three-year term.
The Scientific Committee has a central role in the operation of the institution of the Bodossaki Distinguished Young Scientist Awards. Recommends to the Board the scientific sections to which the Prizes are awarded and submits its proposals for the selection and announcement of the nominees.
The Foundation’s Scientific Committee is composed of the following persons:
- Iannis Aifantis, Professor at the School of Medicine of New York University (NYU)
- Theodora Varvarigou, Professor at the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)
- Nikos Vettas, Professor at the Department of Economics of the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) and Director General at the Foundation for Economic and Industrial Research (IOBE)
- Georgios Kollias, Professor of Experimental Physiology at the Medical School of the University of Athens and Director of the Immunology Division at the “Alexander Fleming” Biomedical Sciences Research Center
- Costas Meghir, Professor at the Department of Economics of Yale University
- Leonidas Resvanis, Emeritus Professor of Physics of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (EKPA)
- Michael Triantrafyllou, Professor of Marine Technology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Visiting Scientist at the US Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Director of the MIT Center for Ocean Engineering and Director of the MIT Testing Tank Facility and Propeller Tunnel
- Athanassios Fokas, Professor at the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics of Cambridge University